If you are a seller who needs to close a sale as quickly as possible, then you should know that getting the highest price possible is not your main priority. This does not mean that you won’t or can’t get the highest price, it means that the price is not the deciding factor. A buyer who can give you a quick closing time can be more valuable to you than a buyer who can offer you more money but a longer negotiation time.
It’s always good to know how low you will go in terms of selling price. Even though you should consider all offers seriously and take into consideration the terms of each offer, you can save yourself time if you know the bottom line.
Once you know what your limits and reasons are, discuss them with your agent so that they can help you set your goals realistically. If you decide to list your home on your own, make sure you do proper research. The key is to be practical and to know what your goals are so they can be met.
Sample Aerial Property Tours
What to Look for when Considering Offers
When reading an offer, keep in mind that you are out to get the best price AND the best terms for you. If you focus solely on the price, you may overlook terms that could be favorable to you as a seller.
Some terms that may work in your favor:
- higher-than-market-interest in a second mortgage for your home
- buyer pays for most or all of the closing costs
- buyer takes care of any repairs
- quick close – the buyer is pre-approved and ready to close in a timeframe that best suits you
When reading through offers, remember to look at the whole package. Take the time you need to assess what is being offered and whether or not it meets your needs. Also, Insist the buyers get a professional inspection. This will protect both you and the buyer in the future.
Get the Best Price in the Shortest Time
In order to get the highest price in the shortest time, you need to know how to market your home. The better you market your home, the more offers you will get. Below are some important factors of marketing your home:
- Pricing it right. Your price should be adjusted to reflect the market and your property’s worth. Get as many people as possible to check out your property.
- Condition of your home. Make sure that your home looks ready to be sold. Fix any defects. Consider upgrading your home by making major repairs and cosmetic improvements.
- Learn how to negotiate the best terms for all parties involved. Terms are another factor that may be adjusted to attract buyers.
- Get the buzz out about your home. List your house with a hot agent that ensures your house is listed on the MLS and on the Internet. Also, your for sale sign should always be visible to people passing by.
We Can Help.
From Butler Beach to Ponte Vedra we'd love to help whether you are looking for the perfect home, or looking for the perfect buyer for your home.